Transparent Hands has corporate partners; some multinational companies who support them by bearing their administrative expenses.
Transparent Hands deducts 17% of the total amount on each campaign which covers its development/service charges.
Currently our head office is in Lahore but the hospitals on our panel are from Lahore, Faisalabad, Sahiwal and Rawalpindi.
Our team consists of 8 employees. You can further check the details here Our team here.
Our long term goals include:
- Collaborating with more hospitals in other provinces of Pakistan
- We aim to increase the number of patients by 10 times every year. This will be done through organizing medical camps and awareness not only in rural areas of Lahore but in other provinces as well.
Transparent Hands is registered with directorate of social welfare under The Trust Act 1882 in Pakistan.
Yes, Transparent Hands has tax exemption certificate of 2(36).
Yes, our objective is to become financially sustainable over the next few years through:
- Collaborating with companies, hospitals and donors.
- Increasing the number of corporate donors
- Increasing the number of individual donors both local and foreign through digital marketing and arranging fundraising events
- Collaborating with other local and foreign foundations
In order to be eligible, patients must have a medical condition which requires surgical intervention. Besides disease, patients should be earning less than 20k rupees a month to receive surgical treatment through Transparent Hands.
Transparent Hands team set up medical camps in suburbs and rural areas of Pakistan where patients can directly approach the team present there. Banners are also displayed at hospitals and at various places through which patients can reach Transparent Hands. In addition to this, many of our patients are referred through our old patients who successfully underwent surgery through us and are now fully recovered.
- Transparent Hands selects the patient who is in need of surgery and have no other means to get the required surgical treatment.
- fter financial and medical verification process, we register the patient and send him to one of our collaborating Hospitals for final evaluation, surgery date and surgery package.
- Till recovery, Transparent Hands stays in touch with the patient and gets regular feedback.
No. Transparent Hands only take those patients who are in dire need of surgery and cannot afford to pay for themselves. However, if the patients want to give their zakat or sadqa, they can contribute it towards the campaign of any other patient.
When patients approach us, our management and on board doctors do complete verification of their profile. It includes financial and medical verification which is done through the utility bills and other medical documents. After the patient is successfully verified, we post the patient’s profile on our web site for funding.
Our on board hospitals make sure that each surgery is conducted with proper care. After surgery, doctor’s report and patient’s pictures and video are not only posted on the web portal but also being sent to the donors on their email addresses.
Transparent Hands and its medical partners ensure that patient’s data is handled carefully and no information is given to third party without their consent. Also, upon request, patient’s details (picture, contact info and disease details) are kept confidential in some cases.
Our hospitals conduct the surgery of those who are in serious condition after the registration and cannot wait any longer for the surgery. After conducting surgery, we pay to hospital once we receive the funds.
You can see all the details of the hospitals who have collaborated with us here.
Each campaign remains visible on our web portal until it is fully funded. The payment period given by our on-board hospitals is 30 to 60 days. Within 30 to 60 days we normally raise funds otherwise we utilize money from our emergency account.
If the treatment amount decreases, your remaining donation would be allocated to the other patient’s case and you’ll be informed about it. In case if the amount increases due to certain emergency during the surgical treatment, we would utilize the remaining money from our emergency account and pay the hospital bill.
We only publish the approximate amount required for surgery. The amount may vary according to the condition of patient during or after the surgery. For example, sometimes a patient may require another test or treatment due to some complications during the surgery which may increase the cost.
We upload all the medical documents including bills and operation notes on our web site which ensures that patient has gone through an additional particular procedure and required more funds.
It’s totally up to you. You can pay any amount of your choice or fund the whole campaign.
You can give your Zakat or Charity to Transparent Hands in three simple steps through its website:
- Select Patient from the List
- Click on DONATE tab
- Enter amount and Pay through debit/credit card and various other online transaction modes.
Transparent Hands create a personal bond between donor and patient through its web portal:
- The donor selects a patient and donates a certain amount of money.
- Transparent Hands uses that money for the treatment of a patient selected by the donor.
- Transparent Hands then connects the donor to that patient while updating and sharing the success story of the patient with the donor via email.
We ensure complete transparency to our donors. This is done in a number of ways:
- Donors can see their names and amount on the specific campaign’s detail page. The information is only visible to donor. Others can only see the donor’s name, not the donated amount. Also, when donor contributes to patient’s campaign, he receives confirmation email as a proof that his money is allocated to the patient of his choice.
- Donors can now have their own personalized dashboard which reflects the total amount they have contributed with patient’s information and year in which they donated.
- Donors receive continuous update and feedback of the surgery outcome of patients they have donated for.
Yes. All your donations are tax deductible in Pakistan. After you make a donation, Transparent Hands sends you a tax-deductible receipt at your email. We have been granted exemption from income tax under section 2(36) of the income tax ordinance 2001.
It is more convenient to transfer the funds after surgery is conducted. Hospitals conduct surgery of the patients making sure that Transparent Hands will pay for all the expenses with the given time frame.
Yes. Your donation covers complete cost of your selected patient. Hospitals conduct surgery of patient with a surety that Transparent Hands is going to pay for all the hospital expenses which includes; surgery cost, tests, medications, follow ups and hospital stay charges. Transparent Hands pay full amount within 30 to 60 days period as agreed by the hospitals.
Banks may decline your card for a number of reasons. To ensure the safety of your financial information, Transparent Hands doesn’t receive any details about your card and why it was declined. Therefore, if your card is declined for any reason, please contact your card provider for further assistance.
In such cases, Transparent Hands puts the money in its emergency fund account which is used to cater those patients whose campaign stories are not fully funded for their surgeries.
If you have any question or concern that wasn’t answered here, please email it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our team members will respond to you at earliest.