Quick and Easy Way to Save Peoples’ Lives
Transparent Hands funds surgeries of poor patients using a global Crowdfunding platform. The platform provides visibility of poor patients and builds a personal and trusted bond between patients and donors while ensuring complete transparency.
Where Is the Problem?
More than 70 million people in Pakistan are living below the poverty line due to which they are unable to undergo proper health treatment if they experience any disease. Estimated amount of surgery backlog in Pakistan is in millions every year.
- There are not many health insurance plans for underprivileged community. They have to pay out of pocket if they need any medical treatment but due to the limited or no resources, majority is unable to undergo surgical treatment.
- Beyond the cost of the surgical procedure, they might have to pay for pre and post-operative expenses which includes medical tests, medications, hospital stay and other expenses. It is almost impossible for someone who earns less than $2 a day to pay hefty amount for medical relief.
- There is lack of advanced medical facilities and medical professionals due to which lower middle class families are unable to avail treatment facilities.
- There are a limited number of beds in hospitals but the number of patients visiting these hospitals is a lot more.
- Every second patient including a child is put on a long waiting list and during the waiting period, the patient’s health further deteriorates. In most of the cases, patients expire until their turn comes.
- There is no advanced healthcare services in slums due to which majority of people have to rely on quacks in their areas.
- Private hospitals are out of reach for deprived community due to the high costs of consultation fees and surgical procedure.
Committed to Provide Free Surgeries to Those Who Cannot Afford
Transparent Hands is a non-profit organization which is tackling this major healthcare issue of Pakistan with the help of fundraising through its unique Crowdfunding platform. It is registered under Trust Act 1882 as a Trust Organization with a Tax Exemption status under the article 2(36) in Pakistan. Transparent Hands is registered in USA EIN assigned: 47-3564801 as Transparent Hands Foundation US, Inc. with tax exemption status 501(c)3.
Transparent Hands conducts the surgeries of deserving patients free of cost at private hospitals with the help of donations and charity. Donors from all over the world can use our online Crowdfunding web portal if they wish to donate. They could select any patient, fund the surgery and receive regular feedback and updates until the patient is recovered completely.
Our user friendly online fundraising work as follows:
- Choose the patient whose surgery you want to fund.
- Choose from a number of payment methods as per your convenience.
- Donate to that particular patient and get tax exemption.
- Get regular updates of that patient until he/she gets fully recovered.
What makes us unique is; our transparency level that means donors will be ensured that each penny they are giving will be spent on the needy patient. We do this by uploading all the hospital bills and other documents of our patient after his/her surgery is successfully conducted. Donor can see that the exact amount hospital has charged against the surgery of that particular patient.
Our Impact on Pakistani Community
As a non-profit organization, Transparent Hands is currently dealing in a number of surgeries including orthopedic, cardiac, neurology, gynecology and other general surgeries. It’s currently striving to bring full range of these surgical specialties. Transparent Hands also aims to expand to other areas of Pakistan where the poverty stricken community has no means of getting better healthcare facilities. There are small hospitals and clinics which are far away from slum areas. Other main reason is that these people are unable to afford the medical treatment for relief let alone surgical procedure.
Here, the need is to create awareness among our underprivileged people regarding various diseases. They need to know the circumstances of not treating a particular disease and what’d happen if they delay it for some reasons. Not only this, people must have knowledge about symptoms of most common diseases including kidney stones, bladder stones, fibroid in women, hernia and heart defects.
A large number of patients, who came to Transparent Hands in hope for relief, consisted of children suffering from congenital heart defects. Children from 2 months up to 15 years old were treated in past. These little souls had hole in their heart which needed to be repaired otherwise it would have resulted in further deterioration of health. All of the families were from other provinces of Pakistan and they had to come to Lahore in search of free and best health care treatment for their little kids. Transparent Hands made sure to provide the best surgical treatment to them free of cost. Not only this, we also paid for all the postoperative expenses of patients. The mission of Transparent Hands is to give medical relief to many more children, elderly and old people with the help of fundraising. Here at Transparent Hands, all the patients are treated with proper care and love. They are not discriminated at any stage of their treatment.
Why Donate to Us?
- You want to save the lives of people by donating for their surgical treatment.
- You need complete transparency of where your donation/charity is going.
Donors can completely put their trust in us regarding their donations and charity. There are many people in Pakistan and all over the world who wish to spend their money onnon- profit charity organizations but they are unsure about to whom they should donate. In order to ensure complete transparency, Transparent Hands uploads all the documents with the patients’ success stories so the donors can see that their money is spent on a right cause.
Fund the Surgeries of Poor Patients by Giving Donation/Charity
We are blessed with good health and wealth and it’s our duty to further utilize them for the service of mankind. Even a small amount can create a lasting impact on someone’s miserable life. Spend your wealth in a noble cause and change the lives of deserving people of Pakistan. The amount which you’ll contribute towards the surgeries of these poor patients will bring them back to better health and improve their living.
With the help of Crowdfunding by kind donors like you, many people under Transparent Hands were given medical relief. But there are still thousands of people who are in dire need of your support and are waiting for a miracle which could save their lives. Together through fundraising, we can give new lives and hopes to many deserving patients in our country. Let’s unite and make effort in making Pakistan an ideal place to live.
Join Us and Be a Reason of Someone’s Smile
“There is no exercise better for the heart than reaching down and lifting people up.”
– John Holmes
Do you dream of working for people and make a difference in their lives? Then join us and make this world a better place by using your expertise and compassion. Transparent Hands offers a number of volunteer opportunities to anyone who wants to work for a non-profitcharity organization.People from all walks of life can join us as a volunteer and save the lives of those who are less fortunate.