Donate for Sania Khatoon’s Lobectomy

Donate for Sania Khatoon’s Lobectomy

Sania Khatoon
100% Complete (success)
$ 881.83 Required
$ 881.83 Raised
0 Remaining

Sania Khatoon's Story

Sania Khatoon has been enduring excruciating pain and needs your support to find relief. She has no other hope. We request you to donate for Sania Khatoon’s Lobectomy

Sania Khatoon, a 25-year-old resident of Kamber, Sindh, has been enduring throat pain and fever. Initially, she was treated symptomatically but the treatment did not bring her any relief. Upon further consultation, she was advised to undergo a number of tests for proper diagnosis. Her reports revealed that she had a cold nodule of thyroid. Thyroid nodules that do not absorb radioiodine are known as cold nodules, and they have a 5% chance of becoming malignant. Thyroid nodules are cold in 95 percent of cases. The doctor advised her to undergo Lobectomy. Thyroid lobectomy involves the removal of one of the two thyroid lobes while the other remains intact. This surgery is conducted when nodules are causing symptoms. But, unfortunately, Sania and her family cannot afford to pay for this surgery due to financial constraints.

Sania lives in a village with her family of 12. Her father is a laborer and hardly manages to earn PKR 20,000 a month. This meager income is not even enough to put food on the table. Sania shared her distress with Transparent Hands in the following words:


“I have been in pain for too long and it is making my life miserable. I am not able to do anything because of this pain. My parents are facing a lot of stress because they cannot afford the treatment I need.  However, I am hopeful now that we have found Transparent Hands. Please help me.”


Sania Khatoon has been registered with Transparent Hands and we are determined to help her overcome this pain. But, we need your support to provide her with the treatment she needs. Please donate for Sania Khatoon’s Lobectomy as much as you can.


Read more stories


Disclaimer: Transparent Hands makes sure that all the patients get surgery in time. If a patient requires urgent surgery and his/her condition is serious, Transparent Hands conducts the surgery immediately. In the meantime, his/her campaign stays active on the website until we raise the complete funding. The hospitals on our panel have complete trust in us and wait for the payments until the patient's funding is completed.

 Mohsin

Donated: $ 412.20


 Muhammad Qureshi

Donated: $ 398.25


 Sam B

Donated: $ 71.38


Sania Khatoon's Story

Sania Khatoon, a young woman from the small village of Shahdadkot, Sindh, had been suffering from throat pain for the past four years. Despite her financial struggles, she sought medical help and was diagnosed with a thyroid nodule. The doctor advised her to undergo lobectomy surgery, a procedure to remove the affected lobe of the thyroid gland.   Sania was admitted to United Hospital on 10th August and the surgery was performed by renowned surgeon Dr. Shumaila Ayub. The surgery was a success and Sania was discharged the next day. Despite her financial difficulties, Sania was able to receive the medical care she needed thanks to Transparent Hands, a non-profit organization that helps underprivileged communities in Pakistan access healthcare services through free medical camps and surgeries. Sania's case highlights the importance of organizations like Transparent Hands in providing accessible healthcare services to those who cannot afford them. It's not just about the physical healing but also the emotional healing as well, which is why Transparent Hands also provides a continuous feedback loop between patients and donors to ensure transparency.

Latest Campaigns