In the bustling landscape of the United Kingdom’s charitable sector, there are countless non-profit organizations that tirelessly strive to make a positive impact on society. These UK charities and non-profits play a vital role in addressing various social, environmental, and humanitarian issues. From championing animal welfare to supporting underprivileged communities, these organizations embody the spirit of compassion and altruism. In this article, we’ll explore some of the top nonprofit organizations in the UK, their missions, and the transformative work they do.
“Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can’t help them, at least make your grant decision faster so that some nonprofits can”
1- Transparent Hands
Quick and Easy Way to Save Peoples’ Lives
Transparent Hands is in first position in our List of Top Nonprofit Organizations in UK. Transparent Hands funds surgeries of poor patients using a global Crowdfunding platform. The platform provides visibility of poor patients and builds a personal and trusted bond between patients and donors while ensuring complete transparency.
Where Is the Problem?
More than 70 million people in Pakistan are living below the poverty line due to which they are unable to undergo proper health treatment if they experience any disease. Estimated amount of surgery backlog in Pakistan is in millions every year.
- There are not many health insurance plans for underprivileged community. They have to pay out of pocket if they need any medical treatment but due to the limited or no resources, majority is unable to undergo surgical treatment.
- Beyond the cost of the surgical procedure, they might have to pay for pre and post-operative expenses which includes medical tests, medications, hospital stay and other expenses. It is almost impossible for someone who earns less than $2 a day to pay hefty amount for medical relief.
- There is lack of advanced medical facilities and medical professionals due to which lower middle class families are unable to avail treatment facilities.
- There are a limited number of beds in hospitals but the number of patients visiting these hospitals is a lot more.
- Every second patient including a child is put on a long waiting list and during the waiting period, the patient’s health further deteriorates. In most of the cases, patients expire until their turn comes.
- There is no advanced healthcare services in slums due to which majority of people have to rely on quacks in their areas.
- Private hospitals are out of reach for deprived community due to the high costs of consultation fees and surgical procedure.
- Committed to Provide Free Surgeries to Those Who Cannot Afford
Transparent Hands is a non-profit organization that is tackling this major healthcare issue of Pakistan with the help of fundraising through its unique Crowdfunding platform. It is registered under Trust Act 1882 as a Trust Organization with a Tax Exemption status under Article 2(36) in Pakistan. Transparent Hands is registered in USA EIN assigned: 47-3564801 as Transparent Hands Foundation US, Inc. with tax exemption status 501(c)3.
Transparent Hands conducts the surgeries of deserving patients free of cost at private hospitals with the help of donations and charity. Donors from all over the world can use our online Crowdfunding web portal if they wish to donate. They could select any patient, fund the surgery and receive regular feedback and updates until the patient is recovered completely.
Our user-friendly online fundraising work as follows:
- Choose the patient whose surgery you want to fund.
- Choose from a number of payment methods at your convenience.
- Donate to that particular patient and get tax exemption.
- Get regular updates on that patient until he/she gets fully recovered.
What makes us unique is; our transparency level which means donors will be ensured that each penny they are giving will be spent on a needy patient. We do this by uploading all the hospital bills and other documents of our patient after his/her surgery is successfully conducted. The donor can see the exact amount hospital has charged against the surgery of that particular patient.
2- Funding Circle
They’re here to help you thrive
Funding Circle is in second position in our List of Top 5 Nonprofit Organizations in UK. With a quick application, dedicated account manager and fast decision, you can stay focused on your business while they focus on your loan.
They Believe In Those Made To Do More
Business owners and investors share a common thread. They’re forward thinkers. They’re determined. They stand up to make a difference and work hard to make it happen.
That same thread runs through everyone at Funding Circle. It’s a shared mission that inspires us – they help you as you change the world.
So whether you’re a business owner who aspires to more, or an investor who wants your money to go further, they believe in you. You’re the ones they built Funding Circle for.
The world’s leading platform for small business lending
One of the best capitalized lending platforms in the world, they have raised approximately £250 million of equity capital since 2010 from some of the largest and most sophisticated investors around. Providing guidance and support as well as capital, they share their mission to build a better financial world for businesses and investors.
3- Al-Khair Foundation (AKF)
Al-Khair Foundation is in third position in our List of Top 5 Nonprofit Organizations in UK. Al-Khair Foundation (AKF) is always on standby to support victims during emergencies and disasters.
Al-Khair Foundation is a UK-based international NGO providing humanitarian support, international development, emergency aid and disaster relief in some of the world’s most deprived areas. Established in 2003 and rapidly growing into one of the leading Muslim charities in the UK, Al-Khair Foundation also looks to tackle issues prevalent in the UK as well, such as unemployment, education, women’s empowerment and domestic violence.
How They Started
Al-Khair Foundation (AKF) began with a school. In the Islamic tradition, which advocates that charity starts at home, they wanted to give back to their UK community first. And education was the best thing they knew to give.
Seedrs is in fourth position in our List of Top 5 Nonprofit Organizations in UK. They let all types of investors invest in businesses they believe in and share in their success. They let all types of growth-focused businesses raise capital and business community in the process.
They do all of this through a simple, highly professional, online process that protects and empowers investors while helping businesses grow and generate returns.
The National Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children, the leading charity for child protection in the UK, the NSPCC works tirelessly to safeguard children from abuse and exploitation. Through their helpline and various programs, they provide support, guidance, and intervention to protect vulnerable children and create a safer society for them.
The nonprofit organizations in UK are a testament to the power of collective goodwill and determination. From addressing societal challenges to uplifting vulnerable communities, these UK charities and non-profits contribute significantly to building a better world. As we recognize their dedication and accomplishments, it’s important to support these organizations in any way possible, as they continue to make a positive difference in the lives of countless individuals. Together, we can help strengthen their impact and foster a more compassionate society.