Health care is a basic necessity of every human being. Whether you are rich or poor the human body can become terribly sick any time. During this time a patient badly needs medical assistance, irrespective of his financial status or other prejudices to get permanent relief. Top 5 Non Profit Organizations Providing Free Medical Care to People in Need.
According to a WHO report, about 400 million people around the globe cannot access medical care, and suffer every moment in sickness and pain. About 13 million children around the globe are sick, malnourished and living in a helpless state because their parents can’t afford to take them to the hospital. Often the parents buy medicines from local pharmacies to cure their children without the doctor’s prescription.
Finally, when the parents take their child to the hospital they land up into more trouble because authorities ask them to pay heavy bills for medicines, equipment, lab tests, and other utilities.
A person who cannot feed his family two times a day, fails to send his children to school or lacks a proper accommodation, will also lack the ability to pay a huge amount of money for medical treatment. It is a matter of common sense.
Healthcare is extremely important as it is the only thing that draws a fine line between an individual’s life and death. Therefore, denying to give treatment to a poor patient is inhumane.
Nonprofits are fighting to bring change to such malpractices in the health industry. These organizations want to build an ideal system where human life and dignity will be more valued than money.
Nonprofits are voicing for the rights of the vulnerable population, who are put into a stressful situation to pay for the healthcare facilities that are beyond their reach.
Human lives weigh more than money. Therefore, we must stop putting a price tag on someone’s life.
Healthcare should be free to all citizens. No life should be lost without proper care or treatment.
Top 5 Non Profit Organizations Providing Free Medical Care To People In Need
2-International Medical Corps
3-The Leprosy Mission
4-Canadian Diabetes Association
Committed to Provide Free Surgeries to Those Who Cannot Afford:
“Transparent Hands” is a non-profit organization, which is tackling this major healthcare issue of Pakistan with the help of fundraising through its unique Crowdfunding platform. Transparent Hands conducts the surgeries of deserving patients free of cost at private hospitals, with the help of donations and charity. Donors from all over the world can use our online Crowdfunding web portal if they wish to donate. You can select any patient, fund the surgery and receive regular feedback and updates, until the patient is recovered completely.
Our user friendly online fundraising work as follows:
- Choose the patient whose surgery you want to fund.
- Choose from a number of payment methods as per your convenience.
- Donate to that particular patient and get tax exemption.
- Get regular updates of that patient until he/she gets fully recovered.
What makes us unique is; our transparency level that means donors will be ensured that each penny we are giving will be spent on the needy patient. We do this by uploading all the hospital bills and other documents of our patient, after his/her surgery is successfully conducted. Donor can see that the exact amount hospital has charged against the surgery of that particular patient.
Why Donate to Us?
- You want to save the lives of people by donating for their surgical treatment.
- You need complete transparency of where your donation/charity is going.
Donors can completely put their trust in us regarding their donations and charity. There are many people in Pakistan and all over the world, who wish to spend their money on trust organizations but we are unsure about to whom we should donate. In order to ensure complete transparency, Transparent Hands uploads all the documents with the patient’s success stories so the donors can see that their money is spent on a right cause.
Download our TransparentHands Andriod Application for Online Donation
2-International Medical Corps:
About International Medical Corps:
“International Medical Corps” is a global, humanitarian, nonprofit organization dedicated to save lives and relief suffering through health care training and development programs. Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, nonpolitical, nonsectarian organization.
Their mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities, that build local capacity in under served communities worldwide.
By offering training and health care to local populations and medical assistance to people at highest risk, and with the flexibility to respond rapidly to emergency situations, International Medical Corps rehabilitates devastated health care systems and helps bring them back to self-reliance. International Medical Corps Worldwide is a global humanitarian alliance that comprises the resources and capabilities of two independent affiliate organizations, International Medical Corps and International Medical Corps UK. Together, our mission is to save lives and relieve suffering through the provision of health care and training. With headquarters in the United States and the United Kingdom respectively, we collaborate to maximize resources for the delivery of appropriate relief and development activities.
3-The Leprosy Mission:
“The Leprosy Mission” is international charity ,working towards the eradication of the causes and consequences of leprosy. It is active in over 50 countries around the world.
The Leprosy Mission is a member of ILEP (International Federation of Anti-Leprosy Associations) and Global Connections, a network of mission and development agencies.
In December 1869, Wellesley Bailey, a young Irishman who was working as a teacher, came across a row of huts, inhabited by men and women with serious disabilities and physical deformities. A colleague explained that they were suffering from leprosy. Bailey was shocked by what he saw. Afterwards he wrote:’I almost shuddered, yet I was at the same time fascinated, and I felt that if there was ever a Christlike work in the world it was to go amongst these poor sufferers and bring them the consolation of the gospel.
On returning to Ireland in 1874, Wellesley Bailey and his wife Alice began to hold meetings in Dublin, to tell friends about their experiences of people affected by leprosy, and to raise money. And so The Leprosy Mission, or The Mission to Lepers as it was known then, was born.
Where The Leprosy Mission works:
TLM is a global network; the organisation works with governments, communities, local churches, partner health organisations, WHO and other non-governmental organisations.
What The Leprosy Mission does:
- Hospitals and healthcare
- Reconstructive surgery
- Training and education
- Disability care and prevention
- Community development and income generation
4-Canadian Diabetes Association:
“Canadian Diabetes Association” became Diabetes Canada on February 13, 2017. Diabetes Canada is a registered national charity, whose mission includes serving the 11 million Canadians living with diabetes or pre-diabetes.
Diabetes Canada programs include:
- To provide, education and services support to people living with diabetes in their daily fight to live as well as possible with diabetes.
- Clinical Practice Guidelines for the Prevention and Management of Diabetes in Canada.
- Investments of more than $125 million in diabetes research since 1975 .
- Advocacy efforts have led governments to develop policies that respect the rights of people, living with diabetes and access treatments they need to live healthy lives.
- D-Camps: provide kids with type 1 diabetes with a unique experience, to help them learn to manage their diabetes in a safe and fun environment.
- Team Diabetes: is Diabetes Canada’s national activity fundraising program, that offers Canadians of all fitness levels the opportunity to walk, run or hike in events across Canada and around the world, while raising funds and awareness.
- Clothesline: is a program that collects gently used clothing, small household items and electronics. Proceeds from the program support Diabetes Canada.
- CDA Expos: These are educational events in the community.
- Diabetes Webinars: are free webinars hosted by health-care professionals, diabetes educators and people living well with diabetes.
“Americares Foundation” is a health-focused relief and development organization, that responds to people affected by poverty or disaster with life-changing medicine, medical supplies and health programs.
Americares organizes emergency response teams to deliver urgently needed aid to survivors of disasters. Such aid includes medicines, medical supplies, water or water purification treatments and other critically needed resources.
Recent relief efforts have included:
- Hurricane Sandy (2012), Americares delivered emergency supplies for more than 400,000 people in Connecticut, New Jersey, and New York including blankets, flashlights, bottled water and first aid kits. Americares continues to provide post-emergency relief, with the Americares mobile medical clinic used to assist health care facilities unable to treat patients because of storm damage and power outages.
- Americares sent $6 million in medical aid immediately after the 2010 Haiti earthquake. Since then, the organization has given the country more than $60 million in aid for vaccinations, maternal health, cholera prevention and health workers training.
- In response to the Japan earthquake and tsunami in 2011, Americares sent close to $6 million in medical supplies and humanitarian aid. The ongoing recovery work in Japan includes restoring medical and dental clinics and psychosocial programs for survivors.
Assistance and Aid:
Globally, Americares delivers free medical aid including prescription and over-the-counter medicines, nutritional supplements, surgical and wound care supplies, hospital supplies and diagnostics and laboratory equipment with the support of corporate and financial donors.
Americares also works to create or improve existing health care programs that target specific health issues, including maternal health, child health, malnutrition, cholera and chronic diseases.
Americares Free Clinics:
Americares free clinics have provided primary health care since 1994. The free clinics provide medical services to thousands of people every year, by utilizing a network of volunteer doctors, nurses, interpreters and administrative personnel. Americares personnel also work closely with local hospitals, labs and specialists who donate their services.
The four Americares free clinics are:
- Bob Macauley Americares Free Clinic of Norwalk (established 1994)
- Boehringer Ingelheim Americares Free Clinic of Danbury (established 1997)
- Weisman Americares Free Clinic of Bridgeport (established 2003)
- Stamford Americares Free Clinic (established 2014)
Download our TransparentHands iPhone Application for Online Donation
Every individual on this Earth has his own story, own struggle and their own way of dealing with it.
Good health is precious for every individual, otherwise none of us would be able to cope up with the odds of life especially when we are physically fragile.
There are millions of patients around the globe who are terribly sick but cannot go to a hospital or visit a doctor, because they do not have the money to afford medical assistance at the most crucial time of their lives.
Money, wealth or other materialistic stuff cannot be more precious than human life and its existence. It is really inhumane to throw away a seriously ill patient out of the emergency ward just, because they do not have a single penny to pay for the medical treatment and let them die in sickness and pain on the footpath. Top 5 Non Profit Organizations Providing Free Medical Care to People in Need.
If someone needs chemotherapy, for instance, he should receive it without any cost.If a patient needs a transplant surgery to save his life, then he should undergo the operation immediately regardless of his bank account statement.
Every citizen must receive free healthcare regardless of their caste, creed, race,religion or the ability to pay.
Being healthy is the prerequisite element necessary to ensure our crucial survival on Earth. Therefore, it is important that healthcare should be accessible for every individual without the price tag attached to it.
Healthcare is not a privilege but one of our human rights. It is high time that all of us stand together for what is right and just.
Let us learn to become more humane and practice humanity during the dawn, dusk and in all shadows of life.